In today’s marketplace, we all want a beautiful rustic stone exterior because it adds so much value to a home. However, natural stone is just not as easy to find and it is so much more expensive. That is the main reason that manufactured stone veneers have become so popular and have become the latest trend in building materials nationwide. Even though our product is manmade, it consists of all natural high quality ingredients and when properly molded retains a very authentic appearance. We use a mixture of superior quality cements, lightweight aggregates, and iron-oxide pigments that are wet cast in molds which have been taken from natural stone.
BUT WHY BETTER?
The processes that create manufactured stone are carefully controlled, but does that really make it better than natural stone? If not better, there are at least many practical benefits over real rock. It is certainly easier to deal with during remodeling projects especially when you want to match other existing colors and maintain a consistency throughout the entire project. We will of course admit, that although it is created to closely imitate natural stone, it may lose a little realism if you are inspecting it with a magnifying glass. According to Home Advisor there are actually some very impressive benefits to choosing a manufactured stone product over natural stone, many of which are listed below.
- Lighter: Stone veneer weighs significantly less than the real thing, which makes it easier to handle, quicker to install, and no additional structural support is required.
- Project Consistency: Because the production is so closely controlled there are limited variations across the entire project and so a much more consistent look can be maintained regardless of the project size.
- Optional Location: And since it is lighter, it can be installed anywhere. Most homes don’t have walls or foundations prepared for the weight of natural stone, but stone veneer allows your home to have that quaint look without all the extra strain.
- Cheaper: It costs about 1/4-1/2 as much as natural stone, typically running about $3.50 per square foot. And once again, because it’s lighter, installation gets done in half the time, and no special footings, foundations, or other supports are necessary.
- Fireproof: It’s nearly as impenetrable as real rock and makes a huge improvement over wood or vinyl siding.
- Environment: Stone veneer helps to save on expensive quarrying, preserving the environment—and your pocketbook.
- Maintenance-free: It’s surprisingly durable and doesn’t take any special maintenance except for the occasional spray of the hose.
CUSTOM ORDERED STONE VENEER
Mason’s Mark Stone Veneer can be installed just about anywhere you want to have the look of natural stone. Some of our favorite places include fireplaces, backsplashes, bathroom tiling, and grand interior feature walls. Our craftsman can match our stone veneer to nearly any natural stone in existence, so why not get creative with your garden retaining wall or in your living room? We can make pavers, walkways, or stone benches to look like any “rock” from around the globe. This material can be handcrafted to match any reconstruction job, even for stone that is no longer naturally quarried and in any color combination you can imagine. So why not choose a Mason’s Mark Stone Veneer over some real rocks?