This masonry veneer installation guide and key installation checkpoints pamphlet represent the best possible installation procedures for adhered concrete masonry veneers and its use is always recommended by Mason’s Mark Stone Veneer and the Masonry Veneer Manufacturers Association for the installation of our products.
Please check with local building codes prior to installation, as code requirements can differ from one region to another!
Please watch our YouTube video playlist for information about various installation techniques and important building code information.
Failure to properly install Stone Veneer on exterior surfaces may result in future water intrusion problems and damage to your home. Please review the procedures and recommended guidelines specific to your project prior to installing any type of manufactured stone veneer on your home, or consult a professional contractor properly trained and certified in the installation of adhered masonry veneers.
To view the ATSM C1780-13 Standard Practice for Installation of Adhered Manufactured Stone Masonry Veneer and ATSM C1670-13 Standard Specifications for Manufactured Stone Masonry Veneer (AMSMV) units documents, please visit the ASTM website “Standards & Publications” page HERE.
STONE VENEER INSTALLATION SAFETY
Confirm installer compliance with OSHA regulations by reviewing written safety programs and training documentation. Provide fall protection for installers who may be exposed to fall hazards. Scaffolding should be constructed and maintained in strict conformance to OSHA regulations. Installation of stone veneer above 30 feet on wood framed sheathing should only be installed if a building code official has inspected the site for differential movement and approved the use of stone veneer for this application. Mason’s Mark does not recommend using stone veneer above 30 feet, unless approved by a code official.
MAINTENANCE & CARE OF STONE VENEER
- Surface Scuffing is a normal occurrence on all manufactured stone and is caused by processing and handling. This is a natural attribute that adds to the aesthetic appeal of stone products used in building construction. Some scuffing will occur on manufactured stone veneer due to handling. Light scuffing can be removed by following the cleaning procedures outlined in this document. In cases where excessive scuffing is experienced, consult your local Mason’s Mark representative.
- Dirt and other particles can be removed from the manufactured stone veneer surface by using a mild soap detergent mixed with water and a non-metal bristle brush. Do not over scrub the surface as permanent discoloration may occur.
- Never use acid or chemical based cleaners to the manufactured stone veneer as permanent damage may occur and will void the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Pressure washing or any other method of cleaning with high pressure should never be done.
- Sealing of manufactured stone is not required. Using a sealant on Mason’s Mark stone veneers will void the warranty.
- If a customer chooses to utilize a sealer, a high quality breathable concrete sealer is recommended. Allow stone to cure a minimum of 10 days in 50 degree weather before attempting any sealing.
Some sealers may change the color and appearance of manufactured stone. Always test a sealant on several sample pieces before applying to a completed project. Apply sealers in acceptable temperatures and conditions recommended by the manufacturer.
Mason’s Mark Stone Veneer
50 Year Limited Warranty
Mason’s Mark Stone Veneer Corporation, the manufacturer, (herein after, MMSV) Warrants Mason’s Mark Stone the product, (herein after, “our stone”,) for a period of fifty (50) years against defects caused by the manufacturer of our stone to the buyer, customer, and/or end user. No warranty is authentic unless issued directly by MMSV. Mason’s Mark Stone Veneer Corporation, SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES TO THE BUYER, CUSTOMER, END USER.
This limitation of liability of MMSV shall include but is not limited to, consequential, incidental, and special damages, or loss of profits, arising from or caused by, directly or indirectly, poor workmanship, improper installation, or poor construction. Buyers, MMSV Customers’ or End Users’ labor of removal or installation or equipment costs, fire strike, act of God, war, insurrection, mob action, civil commotion, acts of government, loss damage of delay of materials, floods, storms, inability to obtain materials, or other acts or circumstances outside the control of MMSV, as well as a breach of warranty, use of materials by customer, Buyer, End User, breach of any obligation of MMSV, or its employees, hereunder, negligence or any other act of omission of MMSV, Customer, Buyer, End User, acknowledges its responsibility to determine the intended use of our stone, its appropriateness for Compliance with the requirements of all the governing code bodies, statutory and regulatory agencies.
THIS WARRANTY FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITIES (CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY) FOR ANY DAMAGE, WHETHER CAUSED BY CONSTRUCTION FAULT, INSTALLATION FAULT, OR ANY OTHER REASON, OTHER THAN DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. The Customer’, Buyer’, End Users’ exclusive and sole remedy under this warranty shall be for MMSV to replace the defective material, or at the sole discretion of MMSV, to refund an amount equal to the original purchase price of the stone, to the Customer, Buyer or End User, Labor and/or other materials are excluded. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER: THIS WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO THE CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, AND ALL OTHER LIABILITIES (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY) AND MMSV MAKES NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE WHATSOEVER FOR THE STONE. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED UNDER LAW, WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE WARRANTY, SET OUT HEREIN.